– If guests are found to have had a party / event without our permission which results in extra cleaning, guests will be responsible for all the extra cleaning charges and in the unfortunate event of the disruptions alerting and or disturbing our neighbors, GUESTS WILL BE ASKED TO VACATE THE PROPERTY IMMEDIATELY and or the law enforcement authorities will be engaged.
– If guests are suspected of carrying and/or using illegal drugs of any kind, the authorities will be engaged, and GUESTS WILL BE ASKED TO VACATE THE PROPERTY IMMEDIATELY.
House Rules As Related To Smoking
Our home is a smoke-free zone inside. This is important to us in order to keep our property in the best condition possible. Guests can only smoke in outdoor areas ( On main street Cote des Neiges or at back of building in the parking lot ( No smoking is allowed on the balcony or deck )
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere inside the property
- Guests can only smoke outdoors in the designated areas.
- Please do not throw cigarette butts onto the property lawn. You should instead dispose of them in the ashtray provided. Failure to do so will result in a deduction from the security deposit.
- Discovering guests have been smoking inside the property will also result in loss of the security deposit.
House Rules As Related To Our Furniture
Please do not rearrange our furniture. We like them to stay the way they are.
House Rules Related To Garbage and Recycling
We like to do our bit for the environment and we ask that our guests do the same! There are clearly labeled containers for separating and recycling different materials inside the kitchen – along with the regular trash can for non-recyclables.
- Please dispose of garbage and recycling in the proper containers.
- Please do not flush any sanitary products down the toilet.
- We provide a bin for this in each bathroom.
- Any food waste should go into the organic recycling bin
House Rules Related To Parking and Vehicles
We have parking space on our property for up to three large vehicles. There is also the possibility for additional cars to park along our quiet, residential street, provided they do not block any neighbors’ property access.
- Please park your vehicles in the designated driveway space, ensuring cars do not block the sidewalk.
- Please do not exceed 30 mph on approach to our home – Kids live in our neighborhood.
- In case you or a member of your party has to park on-street, please be conscientious and do not block access to other properties.
House Rules Related To Noise And Neighborhood
The last thing we want is for guests to destroy the relationships we’ve spent time building with the residents of neighboring properties. So we have rules regarding anti-social behavior such as excessive noise late at night.
Our neighborhood is important to us. Most of the residents live here full-time, though there may be some other short-term guests staying occasionally.
- Please be sure to respect the community and try to keep noise levels to a minimum, especially after dark. By respecting the people and property around, your vacation will be more enjoyable.
- Please try to avoid making any loud noise between 11 pm and 8 am to allow neighbors a peaceful night’s sleep.
- If any neighboring residents report excessive noise or unruly behavior, we may have to evict you from our property and terminate the vacation rental agreement. This could result in loss of security deposit and rental amount.
- In case of any disputes or neighbor complaints, it’s your duty to notify us as soon as reasonably practicable.
- There are designated recycling and trash disposal areas. Please refrain from throwing any trash, such as bottle caps or cigarette butts into neighboring properties.
While we know there are some really cute pets nearby to our property, their owners would really appreciate if you don’t give them any food!
House Rules Related To Appliances and Utilities
Our B&B house vacation rules for guests
You’ll find all the electrical appliances you need for a comfortable stay at our home. Please use them responsibly and ask other members of your party to do the same. This means adhering to the few rules we outline below.
- Please only use the washer/dryer during daytime hours between 9 am and 7 pm. This will help reduce disruption to neighboring properties to a minimum.
- Please do not overload or underload the washer/dryer. Be sure to separate colors and whites, and wash on a low temperature (90°F) where possible.
- The optimum temperature for the thermostat is between 75-80°F in summer (for air conditioning) and 68-72°F in winter (for heating).
- Please make sure you switch off lights, fans or any other small electrical appliances when you go out. The same applies to air-con and heating – we’re an eco-friendly home.
- In the unlikely case of a power outage, please call us before touching the control panel.
- No compensation will be given for any temporary outage of electricity, gas, water, cable, satellite or telephone service.
House Rules As Related To Barbecue And Other Garden Appliances
Is there anything better than tucking into a barbecue on a sunny afternoon? We don’t think so! Some of our units have access to BBQ ( prior approval is required ) and we provide all the necessary equipment to cook up a storm, please just be sure to follow the instructions below.
- Please use the designated barbecue utensils and not the regular kitchen tongs.
- Be sure to clean the barbecue after use, it’s much more difficult to clean the next day!
- There is a tank to adequate supply, the use of outdoor BBQ best practice is expect of all our guest
- Please only use the barbecue until 10 pm to keep noise and smells to a minimum for our neighbors.
House Rules Related To Damages And Breakages
While we know our guests won’t intentionally break anything at our home, we understand accidents can happen sometimes.
Here is what you need to know about accidental damages or breakages during your stay.
- Always report any accidental damages or breakages in a timely manner, especially before check-out.
- Please do not move any furniture from one room to another without agreeing to it with us first.
- Please don’t take any towels with you.
- In case any damage to the property or its appliances is not covered by our insurance, the guest will pay for the repair costs from the security deposit.
House Rules Related To Balcony And Deck Areas
Balconies are great when it comes to views over the grounds or the city, but they can also be a major hazard zone for little ones.
Our balcony and deck area is available for you to kick back and relax with your family or friends. To keep this space in the best condition for future visitors to our home, please follow the guidelines as listed below.
- Please do not hang laundry off the balcony railings as it is not permitted by the local authorities.
- If you plan to eat lunch or dinner outside on the deck, please do not use glasses and instead use the plastic cups provided.
- In case of any bad weather (rain, storms etc.), please ensure you close the deck umbrellas and store them securely to avoid breakage.
House Rules Related Entering or Touching Other People Personal Property
Entering other guest room without permission will result in us cancellation your reservation and contacting local Police.
Touching or consuming other guest food without their permission will result in cancellation of your booking and put on immediate notice to vacate the property
Compliance and Final Agreement
We’ve set out these house rules so that every guest visiting our property has a safe, secure and most importantly, fun stay at our place. Compliance with these rules is essential for every member of the traveling party. We hope you have a great time and find everything you need at our home.
Breach of any of these house rules is a breach of the terms and conditions of occupancy, as per the rental agreement you have signed.
We reserve the right to evict any guests or visitors from the property who refuse to follow these house rules.
In any case, please use common sense while staying in our house. If you’re unsure about any of the house rules and require further clarification, please give us a call.